"Adventureland" is "Superbad" without the fat curly-haired kid (the sample-sized Seth Rogan). It's not profane, it's kind of cool to watch -- particularly if you are a fan of the Replacements, Lou Reed, or 1987. Ryan Reynolds plays against type, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig stay thankfully in the background, and Kristen Stewart is now on my List. It'll make $33MM at the box office, but wait for the DVD.
"Cold Souls" is "Being John Malkevich", but creates some really good questions about the nature of the human soul. Lynn liked it; I think, "Eh."
Okay -- today is Thursday, and while I beat my knees into gravy while snowboarding, Lynn went to THREE movies without me. She got to watch Bobcat Goldthwait do Q&A after watching his new movie, "World's Greatest Dad", which is a pitch black comedy and apparently pretty good. She got to sit next to the director of a documentary about Up With People, and got a Chapstick with a fuzzy head on it. She also saw "Arlen Faber" and something about tween girls ("Don't Ever Change"?), but liked WGD the best -- ask her for details. Three movies in eight hours -- she's a pro.
But on my walk home, I passed a ski shop that was hosting a party with free food and free booze.
I win.